High value home insurance
Many of the policies we arrange for clients are on a portfolio basis, able to cover buildings, contents, personal liabilities, fine art, jewellery, motor and travel on the same policy with a specialist insurer. This reduces the amount of administration for clients and enables a single renewal date with a single premium, and importantly means only one insurer and one loss adjuster is involved in any major claim such as a fire or flood.
Where clients prefer a separate policy for their collection we can advice on different insurers and polices where appropriate.
Why choose CBC to be your insurance broker?
- We are a Lloyd's Broker which means we have the highest level of regulation and control.
- We have access not only to Lloyd's Underwriters, but offer independent advice and access to other specialist insurers including; AXA ART, Azur (AIG), Chubb, Covea, Ecclesiastical, Hiscox, Plum and others
- We actively encourage meetings at your home or place of work to help identify your insurance and risk management needs
- A relationship manager provides a single point of contact at CBC for all your needs, both in placing the insurance and also helping with any claims
Unlike many other brokers we do not charge admin fees. Nor do we charge any up-lift on premium instalment plans.
Typical features of a high value home insurance:
- ‘All Risks’ cover for buildings, contents, fine art and antiques, and valuables - such a jewellery and watches, all on one policy
- Worldwide cover on contents, fine art and valuables in transit and at temporary locations such as auctioneers, shippers or restorers
- Much broader cover than standard home policies such as; depreciation in the value of art after damage, higher single article limits on artworks and jewellery
- The cost of tracing a water leak, which can be very high in designer bathrooms and kitchens
- Generous inner limits such as; alternative accommodation, pedal cycles, or items kept outdoors
- Less onerous terms and conditions more suited to the lifestyle of wealthy and discerning clients
- Many insurers provide free insurance valuations on buildings to help insure to the correct value and a guaranteed reinstatement cover
- Higher limits for personal liability
- Legal expenses insurance and 24 helpline services
- Annual travel insurance is available as part of a home insurance policy
- Second homes in the UK or overseas can also be covered